Policy on Our Commitment to Your Privacy
We are committed to your privacy, and promise not to sell your information.
PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
We can be contacted anytime at email@example.com. You can lodge any complaints with us via that same email, or request to be removed from our email lists, phone lists, or advertising targeting, too.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security and have explained in detail the steps we take to do so. We control these Sites from offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access these Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
When you submit information to us or visit any of our Sites, we use it in an ongoing nature to ensure you receive the information or purchases you’ve made with us, to deliver relevant future content via our email newsletters, to track how much you use our Sites or services, and to make future offers through our company or any other company that is involved in delivering your purchases, bonuses or content.
By giving us your contact information at any time, you are granting us the right to contact you in the future in any manner necessary at our discretion for ongoing personal and professional development.
If you want us to no longer contact you or store your information, just write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. anytime with your request and we will remove you from our services or content as appropriate and as soon as we can.
Outside Sites (Their Privacy Policies May Be Different)
How and why we collect information
We collect your email address when you submit it, and some limited website information and behavior, in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select or in order to contact you or market to you later. If you register for a seminar or webinar, for example, the information you give us – your phone number, email, and address – is used to reserve your seat, to track your preferences, and to keep you informed about the event and related content, offers, and events until you unsubscribe or ask for your data to be removed. If you visit our websites, we may use LinkedIn, Facebook, Google or other tracking tools to understand your behavior on our websites and to deliver advertising to you in the future.
As a visitor to our Sites, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information. In connection with other activities, such as registering for a seminar or webinar, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including ZIP code), e-mail address, telephone, credit card, and other personal information. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity. In all cases, we will collect personal identification information like your email or phone number only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. We will also tell you how we use your information or if we share it with another party.
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we will never sell any personal identification information about you as an individual user to any third party without having received your permission. If you supply us with your contact information you may receive periodic e-mails, mailings or calls from us with information on new products and services, important issues, or upcoming events.
If you wish to be removed from any postal, email, phone, or other lists, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also write us or call us at the contact information above. Please provide us with your exact name, email address, mailing address, and phone. We will be sure your name is removed from the appropriate lists as soon as is possible.
When you use our Sites, we or our authorized technology services provider may also collect certain technical and routing information from you to facilitate your use of the Site and its services, or to contact you or market to you in the future.
We use this information to administer the Site and to understand and measure traffic patterns on the Site so that we know which areas of our Sites are favorites of our users, which areas need improvement, and what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our Sites for mobile and future technical platforms. This information is collected mostly in aggregate form, without identifying you or any user individually, however in some cases we use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather data about you or your computer location.
We may also use this data for statistical analysis, marketing, advertising, or similar promotional purposes.
This data may be tracked by us or our technology services providers by using “cookies” or “pixels” during your visit. A cookie is small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and enables us to record your passwords, purchases, and preferences and to deliver targeted messages or other marketing to you in the future. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. For some web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.
We also use “pixels” on many of our pages so that we can understand your digital behavior and potentially later target you with related marketing. We also use Google Analytics and other similar technology resources to understand how long you might spend on our Sites or how you interact with our Sites.
If you ever choose to opt-out of targeted advertising with us, then please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can remove your email from any advertising we may use.
As always, you can unsubscribe from any of our emails at any time by emailing us with your request at email@example.com.
We do not store any information about you on our servers other than that which you submit into one of our forms, and in any case we hold your sensitive information like your credit card information we use software that keeps it encrypted. Any other information stored happens via cookies or pixels as described above, and as facilitated via 3rd party tools (like Facebook, Google or LinkedIn).
Here is an example of how we may use any information to better communicate with you:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, webinars, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of a mobile app);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Sites’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Improve our Sites and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
When you submit information to us, then, we use it in an ongoing nature to ensure you receive the information or purchases you’ve made with us, to deliver relevant future content via our newsletters and other marketing, and to make future offers through our company or any other company that is involved in delivering your purchases.
You should assume we will continue to contact you via email or via social media in order to deliver our services, serve you related content, make recommendations, learn about your preferences, grant you access to products, deliver programs to you with or from other platforms or companies, market to you or look alike audiences, send you surveys, and other fulfillment or marketing purposes.
By using our Site(s) and submitting any information with us, you agree to these terms without exception and agree to waive liability and not hold us liable for any use of your information, in perpetuity, under any circumstances, including waiving your right to participate or initiate any class action complaints.
Again, if you want us to no longer contact you, just write us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime with your request and we will begin removing you from our services or content as appropriate and as soon as we can.
- We will release specific information about you or your account to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order.
- We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Sites, or a physical or property threat to you or others.
- We may also transfer user information, including personally identifiable information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change.
Further, the information you enter when making a purchase or any other financial transaction with us will be shared with payment processors, financial gateways, and your credit card company to authorize credit card payments. Such information may also be shared with necessary third parties solely for the purpose or carrying out the transactions.
Please note that if you give out personal information online through a discussion board or posting site, that information can be collected and used by third parties. Although we strive to protect our users’ privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information you post in these forums. You disclose such information at your own risk.
These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity that arises out of or relates to these terms will be subject to mediation in the State of Colorado.